This course has been designed to help delegates identify and resolve common problems when handling the various Biomass materials.
The course will cover the basics of:
- Biomass macro-economics, subsidies and potential;
- Material types, flow properties and handling equipment requirements;
- Self-heating, fire, explosion and safety;
- Dust and degradation, pneumatic conveying and wear;
as well as give an insight into
- Explosion protection and ATEX regulations;
- Engineering of equipment for storage and discharge;
- Ship unloading;
- Dust control and management;
- Possible future trends in biomass
This course has an emphasis on practical aspects of technology to give a comprehensive introduction to materials handling before moving on to the more detailed aspects.
Is this for me?
Engineers, maintenance personnel, managers and procurement executives with responsibility for obtaining and operating equipment for handling of biomass in, for example, solid-fuel-fired power stations, ports, waste to energy plants, Biofuel refineries etc. Manufacturers of said equipment could also benefit by attending.
The course will be delivered online via MS Teams
The course will run over 5 sessions from 14.00 hrs until 17:00 hrs (UK time) each day. Each session needs to be attended to complete the course.
There will be plenty of opportunity to discuss operational issues with the presenter and other delegates.
£775 per delegate. Discounts are available for group bookings and returning delegates.
Registration and payment is available via the on-line shop.
21 feb 2022 - 25 feb 2022