In October 2017 we will organize in close collaboration with a number of partner companies the Powder (non-) Flow day 2017 covering different themes associated with powder flow and the often encountered but undesired phenomenon of powder non-flow. Meanwhile contributions from Brookfield (UK), Anton Paar (Austria), DSM/TUDelft, Dinnissen, and Delft Solids Solutions have been confirmed.
Lectures delivered during this seminar will be devoted to e.g.
- Importance of Powder Flow, also in relation to particle properties
- Facile measurement methodologies to research and quantify powder flow
- Flow in hoppers and silos and the rational design thereof
- Rheological methods to study powder behaviour
- Consolidation and caking during storage
- Stickiness of powders due to exposure to variable temperature and/or humidity
- Hardware processing tools to avoid, suppress, or overcome undesired flow, caking and stickiness problems
The seminar offers an interactive program designed for anyone who is working in the field of powders and granules and deals with powder production, processing, transport, storage and related unit operations. Besides lectures, part of the afternoon session will also be devoted to hands-on activities. The main goal of this event is sharing knowledge on this theme. The seminar ends with a networking event in the hotel bar.
17 okt 2017
Delft Solids Solutions - Laboratorium voor contractonderzoek en materiaalkarakterisering De core business van ons analyselaboratorium is het karakteriseren van fysische eigenschappen van materialen en oplossen van vraagstukken in de analytische materiaalwetenschap. Daarnaast verrichten wij onderzoek naar ontwikkeling van nieuwe poreuze materialen. Ons ...